Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 19:52:40 -0500
To: ARISE@LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU
Subject: [ARISE] Call For Nominations

Call for Nominations for Trustees of

The Jay Miner Society

for the Advancement of Personal Computing

I, Giorgio Gomelsky, am currently the sole Trustee of the Jay Miner Society, and therefore in accordance with the Articles of Association of the Society I will be appointing new Trustees to form a governing Board or Steering Committee for the Society, consisting of seven members. I am now calling for nominations of Trustees from among the membership of the Society. Assuming that there are more nominations than places on the Board, there will be an election among those nominated.

The position of Treasurer is special in that New York state law requires him/her to be a resident of the state of NY and to have physical access to the society's bank for the purposes of making deposits and withdrawals. Assignment of the positions of President and Secretary will be decided by the new Trustees after their appointment.

Candidates must be current members of the Society and must be nominated by another member. No member may nominate more than one candidate, and I will ask all nominees to confirm their nomination. Any member fulfilling the legal criteria for the position of Treasurer may be specifically nominated for this position; this will not preclude his/her being appointed to another position. Nominations must be sent to me by electronic mail or the US postal service by midnight after 21st December 1997.

I reserve the right to reject any nominations which do not meet the above conditions or whose authorship appears to have been forged.

If there are fewer than five nominations, or if there are no nominations for the position of Treasurer, I will re-open nominations for a further period. If there are exactly seven then they will become the new trustees. If there are more than seven nominations, voting will begin at midnight before 22nd December 1997, and before this time and after nominations are complete I will issue a voting form by electronic mail to all members. This form will carry full instructions on how to vote.

The vote-takers will count and compare the valid votes they receive and will send a summary of votes and the results to all members by electronic mail by midnight before 31st December 1997. Any objections to the result must be sent to me by electronic mail by midnight before 3rd January 1998. In the absence of any valid objections, the elected candidates will be appointed Trustees on 3rd January 1998 and if I am not among them I will resign as Trustee at that time.

giorgio gomelsky